Home On The Fringe

Fringe Art

Contact Us

Recent Ramblings

The Chronicles

Fringe Reads

  • Powered by Blogger
  • Weblog Commenting and 

Trackback by HaloScan.com
  • Get StatCounter!

Pearls of Wisdom for Father's Day

When Kara at Cape Buffalo asked me to participate in the Father's Day Bloggect I thought sure, why not? I had a father, I am a father so how hard could it be?

I was originally going to honor my Dad who passed away 9 years ago and write about how much I miss him. Then I changed my mind and thought I would write about what being a father means to me. I finally decided to just pass along a few pearls of wisdom I've accumulated over the years about what I think it takes to be a good father. This is as much for me as it is for you.


1. Don't leave them alone for even a minute.



2. Love them for who they are, not who you want them to be.



3. Instill a strong work ethic at an early age.



4. Teach them life skills.



5. Enjoy the spontaneous moments.




6. At the end of an especially hard day, peek in and look at them while they sleep. The remnants of the anarchy are washed away with a 3 minute view.


7. And finally, remember that the rash won't go away on it's own. Sorry, no photo for this one.

To all the dads out there in blogland, Happy Father's Day.

Labels: